What is Child Custody?
Child custody is a term that describes a practical or legal relationship between a child and the custodian i.e. a parent or a guardian.
The Common Types of Child Custody
There are two main types of custody – legal and physical. Both are crucial to learn to understand child custody.
1. Legal Custody – In joint legal custody, one parent can be the principal caregiver and the decision-maker about the children in common legal custody. You will be responsible for carrying decisive choices in relation to your kids’ education, religious belief, and general wellbeing, etc. However, the other parent will be involved in the decision-making process
2. Physical Custody – You will regularly live with your children if you receive physical custody. One of you or both can be granted this type of custody. It is important to understand how, in the future, a custody order will impact you or your children. In case of a sole custody; certain states can accept the travel or even relocation with your children.
Who is a Custody Lawyer?
A custody lawyer is qualified to defend a parent’s right and assures that a family’s interests are not compromised. He/she is able to negotiate on behalf of the rights and needs of children.
Is It Worth It to Hire a Child Custody Lawyer?
Several benefits of hiring a child custody lawyer are discussed below.
- It is important to have an attorney in your support who will help win your case, prioritizing your preferences. In trying to obtain a rewarding deal, a trustworthy solicitor considers the needs or interests of your children.
- A competent and professional custody lawyer is fully trained for any family issues. They understand your rivals or what they might be seeking to do. They plan some alternative solutions to win you the case.
- A family law specialist understands exactly how to address your case. He knows that your case should be a subject of interest to the court. They have expertise in challenging legal cases and is fully informed of the usage of facts in your case to benefit you.
When You Need to Hire a Child Custody Lawyer?
Parents are usually advised to recruit child custody lawyers in cases where child custody is extremely challenging or intricate. When you want to participate fully in a child custody trial, you are better qualified to receive child custody.
Here are several situations that scream the need to hire a child custody lawyer:
- You Believe Your Children Are in Danger with you ex
- The Circumstances of Your Case Have Changed Significantly
- Your Case Has Become More Complicated
- The Court Requires You to Participate in Treatment or Take Classes
- Your Ex Is Trying to Prevent You from Seeing the Kids
- Your Case Crosses Jurisdictions
- Your ex has already hired a lawyer
Custody Attorney Utah at Henriksen Law
Do you have difficulty deciding if you actually really have to hire a lawyer for child custody? While it’s always an option to stand up for yourself, sometimes grit and determination are definitely not sufficient. Our child custody attorneys help you find a means of doing it to handle the case accordingly. Davis Divorce Attorneys promise you the best outcomes.